Head of Finance & ControlApply for job
Plato Group has more than 75 years of experience in the world of promotional items, gadgets, giveaways and gifts. Plato Group is the parent company of Clipper, Compacon and IGO. Over the years, Plato Group and its brands has grown into a leading organization in the promotional industry. Plato Group employs over 400 employees all over Europe and the HQ based in Helmond (NL). It’s unique that you can find everything at the same location: a logistics center, a DTP department and a printing company with more than 100 machines.
The culture of our organization can be characterized as open, direct, no-nonsense, informal, entrepreneurial and professional. We are a dynamic organization with enormous potential in the European market. This offers plenty of opportunities for enthusiastic and talented people.
To shape Plato Group’s growth ambition and further professionalization, we are immediately looking for a fulltime Head of Finance & Control, located in Helmond (NL).
Job description – Head of Finance & Control
The Head of Finance & Control reports directly to the CFO and is part of the leadership team of Plato Group. The Head of Finance & Control is a proactive sparring partner for the business, and is responsible for overseeing, strategizing and directing the European Finance & Control teams. As a result, the Head of Finance & Control makes a very important and crucial contribution to achieve Plato Group’s results and growth ambitions.
The Finance & Control team consists of 19 employees (& growing); Financial Controllers, Business Controllers, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. It’s your goal to make sure the Finance & Control department exceeds the business’ customer focus and cost driven needs. This includes the following topics:
- Strategy: Further develop, optimize and implement the Financial & Control Strategy and (innovation) roadmap, which is in line with the overall Plato Group and business strategy. Make sure the Finance & Control departments are future proof, progressive and proactive, and you come up with non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges. Constantly monitor results and adjust strategies and activities to make sure the team achieves their objectives.
- Project Management: Every day you drive continuous improvement, financial and business process innovations and financial application improvements based on research and data. Current and upcoming projects are related to the implementation of SAP S/4HANA and the design of an European tax control framework.
- Finance & control: You are responsible for the month- and year-end closing and reporting process, assure accurate cash flow management, yearly financial audits in close collaboration with our external audit partner, tax compliance, risk management, annual budget cycle and periodic forecasts.
- Team development: You are a born leader. You inspire, manage and lead your team, you encourage a highly proactive and high performing environment that ultimately allows the team to deliver on the objectives. You drive alignment across the European teams by structuring, managing, clarifying goals, aligning resources and simplifying operations. Support the team in pivotal decision making. Align the company's financial resources with the organization’s short and long-term goals, therefore create a strong culture to attract the right kind of multi -disciplinary professionals to the team.
- Collaboration: This role requires a high level of collaboration with key teams (IT, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, and BI across Europe). Collaborate with all stakeholders to maximize business. Ensure key information & insights are shared by enabling the Finance & Control team to work together with the key teams in the most effective way.
Our Head of Finance & Control will be characterized as an inspirational leader with an energetic personality and excellent communication skills who can motivate and create movement in the organization. You are the one to provide gateways and ensure successes. You bring deep knowledge, expertise and thought leadership on financial management, reporting and analyzing.
You are a natural leader who can effortlessly hire, build and lead agile teams in an international environment.
- A Bachelor or Masters’ degree.
- 7+ or more years of progressive relevant international business experience, including an Financial related leadership function.
- Excellent accounting skills in an international environment
- You have experience in and are a good fit for a small and medium-sized company with an open, direct, no-nonsense, informal, entrepreneurial and professional culture.
- Good project management skills. Any experience or certification in Prince 2, Agile, Lean etc. is a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and communication within a leadership team.
- Strong presentation skills and the capacity to explain complex matters in an easy to understand way.
- A hands-on, team player who can deal with a lot of freedom and give the team space to create innovative frameworks so that results are achieved.
- Proficiency in English. Dutch, French and/or German are a plus.
- You will be working in a truly international environment, with colleagues from all over Europe.
- We will offer an environment where you can grow and further develop yourself.
- You will have a lot of fun working with people who are as ambitious, commercially driven and open minded as you are.
- Last but not least, we offer a competitive salary, bonus, company car, 32.5 holidays, flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
Are your ready to take this challenge and become our Head of Finance & Control? Please apply by filling in the application form on our website, and upload your resume. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the HR Business Partner Marloes van der Linde at email@example.com or 0031-622372919.