Head of IT & Web DevelopmentApply for job
Plato Group has more than 75 years of experience in the world of promotional items, gadgets, giveaways and gifts. Plato Group is the parent company of Clipper, Compacon and IGO. Over the years, Plato Group and its brands has grown into a leading organization in the promotional industry. Plato Group employs over 400 employees all over Europe and the HQ based in Helmond (NL). It’s unique that you can find everything at the same location: a logistics center, a DTP department and a printing company with more than 100 machines.
The culture of our organization can be characterized as open, direct, no-nonsense, informal, entrepreneurial and professional. We are a dynamic organization with enormous potential in the European market. This offers plenty of opportunities for enthusiastic and talented people.
To shape Plato Group’s growth ambition and further professionalization, we are immediately looking for a fulltime Head of IT & Web Development, located in Helmond (NL).
Job description – Head of IT & Web Development
The Head of IT & Web Development reports directly to the CFO and is part of the leadership team of Plato Group. The Head of IT & Web Development is a proactive sparring partner for the business, and is responsible for overseeing, strategizing and directing the European IT & Web Development teams. As a result, the Head of IT & Web Development makes a very important and crucial contribution to achieve Plato Group’s results and growth ambitions.
The IT & Web Development team consists of 10 employees (& growing); Application and Integration Specialists, Help- and Service desk, Tester, and Full stack and Backend developers. It’s your goal to make sure the IT & Web Development department exceeds the business’ technical and digital needs. This includes the following topics:
- Strategy: Further develop, optimize and implement the IT & Web Development Strategy and (innovation) roadmap, which is in line with the overall Plato Group and business strategy. Make sure the IT & Web Development departments are future proof, progressive and pro active, and you come up with non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges. Constantly monitor results and adjust strategies and activities to make sure the team achieves their objectives.
- Project Management: Every day you drive continuous improvement, digital product innovations and technology improvements based on deep consumer insight by research and data. Current and upcoming projects are related to; SAP implementation, Integration management, E-commerce platforms, IT Security, and more.
- Standardization and internationalization; Contribute to standardization of technologies and evolution of best practices in the whole European organization and all different brands, by collaborating with internal and external partners. Ensure that both technology standards and new and innovative products are maintained across the whole European organization.
- Team development: You are a born leader. You inspire, manage and lead your team, you encourage a highly proactive and high performing environment that ultimately allows the team to deliver on the objectives. You drive alignment across the European teams by structuring, managing, clarifying goals, aligning resources and simplifying operations. Support the team in pivotal decision making concerning Tech, Product, Digital, Data, IT, infrastructure, architecture and scalability. Align the company's technology resources with the organisation's short and long-term goals, therefore create a strong culture to attract the right kind of multi -disciplinary professionals to the team.
- Collaboration: This role requires a high level of collaboration with key teams (E-commerce, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, and BI across Europe). Collaborate with all stakeholders to maximize business. Ensure key information & insights are shared by enabling the IT & Web Development team to work together with the key teams in the most effective way.
Our Head of IT & Web Development will be characterized as an inspirational leader with an energetic personality and excellent communication skills who can motivate and create movement in the organization. You are the one to provide gateways and ensure successes. You bring deep knowledge, expertise and thought leadership on digital development, customer journey thinking, IT & security and data & analytics.
You are a natural leader who can effortlessly hire, build and lead agile teams in an international environment.
- A Bachelor or Masters’ degree.
- 10+ or more years of progressive relevant international business experience, including an IT related leadership function.
- You have experience in and are a good fit for a small and medium-sized company with an open, direct, no-nonsense, informal, entrepreneurial and professional culture.
- Good project management skills. Any experience or certification in Prince 2, Agile, Lean etc. is a plus.
- Proven and successful experience with ERP (SAP is a plus), integration management, and IT Security.
- Your IT experience blends technical/engineering skills with knowledge of e-commerce in a data-driven environment.
- Experience in international B2B and e-commerce organizations where technology was a proven accelerator for growth;
- Deep knowledge and passion around (emerging) technologies and their potential to change business and commerce;
- Platform experience along with a proven track record in delivering innovative solutions from visioning to execution in an agile and iterative manner;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and communication within a leadership team.
- Strong presentation skills and the capacity to explain complex matters in an easy to understand way.
- A hands-on, team player who can deal with a lot of freedom and give the team space to create innovative frameworks so that results are achieved.
- Proficiency in English. Dutch, French and/or German are a plus.
- You will be working in a truly international environment, with colleagues from all over Europe.
- We will offer an environment where you can grow and further develop yourself.
- You will have a lot of fun working with people who are as ambitious, commercial driven and open minded as you are.
- Last but not least, we offer a competitive salary, bonus, company car, 32 holidays, flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
Are your ready to take this challenge and become our Head of IT & Web Development? Please apply by filling in the application form on our website, and upload your resume. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the HR Business Partner Marloes van der Linde at email@example.com or 0031-622372919.